1. Salah is a direct line of communication between us and Allah, our Creator and Sovereign Lord. In a Hadith Qudsi, Allah refers to it as a dialogue and exchange between Him and His servant. Through Salah, we can have a direct connection with Allah without any intermediaries or intercessors. It bestows dignity upon us and dispenses with intermediaries who diminish our spiritual worth.
4. Salah guarantees us paradise and spares us from the dismal fate of tyrants like Pharaoh, Nimrod, Qarun, Haman, and the wicked, who will suffer perpetual torment in hellfire.
5. Salah is a means of expiation and redemption; it helps erase the minor sins and mistakes we make day and night, as long as we avoid the most serious sins.
6. Each step we take towards the mosque to perform Salah helps erase sin and raise our spiritual status in the eyes of Allah.
2. Salah is the hallmark of faith, as it sets believers apart from others.
3. Salah serves as a light that illuminates our passage through the challenges and ups and downs of the world. It saves us from being swept away by temptations that keep us away from the meaning and purpose of life. In the next world, when we rise from the dead, thanks to the effects of Salah, the light will shine forth from our front, back, right, and left as others are stumbling aimlessly, gripped with terror and fear.